Now, every ITMO student can present a scientific article as their graduation thesis!
The article has to fulfill the following requirements:
- it must be written during your period of studies at ITMO University;
- by the time the Academic Council recommends your thesis for defense as a scientific article, it has to be published/accepted for publication in one of the journals with an SJR ranking of at least 1.3.
- the article must be written in co-authorship with the scientific supervisor of your thesis;
- you must make a key contribution to the published study;
- the article has to include both research and practical elements, meaning that it theoretically or experimentally solves the problems it considers;
- in the case when several students contributed to the article, only one of them can defend it as their thesis.
If you are passionate about participating in scientific conferences , and have publications in top-tier journals, then don’t hesitate to apply!
Submit an application in any format to your secretary of the State Examination Committee until December 15.
You can find more information about submitting a scientific article as your thesis in the regulations on the implementation and defense of scientific articles as theses at ITMO University (in Russian)